You might have heard me mention this once or twice in the last sixteen months, but I am the editor of a new Austen-inspired short story anthology, Jane Austen Made Me Do It. Today is its official launch day!
I have been diligently working on the book for close to two years now, so this day is quite a milestone for me and the twenty-four authors featured in the anthology. The stories range from Regency to contemporary, romantic to fantastical – reaffirming the incomparable influence of one of history’s most cherished authors, Jane Austen.
A big thank you goes out to all of my contributing authors:
Pamela Aidan • Elizabeth Aston • Stephanie Barron • Carrie Bebris • Jo Beverley • Diana Birchall • Monica Fairview • Amanda Grange • Syrie James • Diane Meier and Frank Delaney • Janet Mullany • Jane Odiwe • Alexandra Potter • Beth Pattillo • Myretta Robens • Laurie Viera Rigler • Jane Rubino and Caitlen Rubino-Bradway • Maya Slater • Margaret C. Sullivan • Adriana Trigiani • Lauren Willig • and Brenna Aubrey, the winner of a story contest hosted by the Republic of Pemberley website.
Their stories are just amazing. I hope all of you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed working with them to create the anthology.
Come help me party like it’s 1811 on my Grand Tour of the blogosphere, October 10 – November 10, 2011, in celebration of the book’s release. I will be visiting some of my favorite blogs and chatting about Jane Austen, her continued influence on literature, pop culture and the Austenesque book genre – and of course all of my wonderful authors and their stories!
Jane Austen Made Me Do It Blog Tour Schedule:
- Monday Oct 10 – Jane Austen Today
- Tuesday Oct 11 – Austen Authors
- Wednesday Oct 12 – Historical Tapestry
- Thursday Oct 13 – Austenesque Reviews
- Friday Oct 14 – My Jane Austen Book Club
- Saturday Oct 15 – Historical-Fiction.com
- Monday Oct 17 – Heroes and Heartbreakers
- Tuesday Oct 18 – A Buckeye Girl Reads
- Wednesday Oct 19 – Jane Austen in Vermont
- Thursday Oct 20 – Risky Regencies
- Friday Oct 21 – P&P 2005 Blog Part 1
- Saturday Oct 22 – P&P 2005 Blog Part 2
- Saturday Oct 22 – Laura’s Reviews
- Sunday Oct 23 – Jane Austen Sequels
- Monday Oct 24 – Linus’ Blanket
- Wednesday Oct 26 – Diary of an Eccentric
- Thursday Oct 27 – She’s Too Fond of Books Part 1
- Friday Oct 28 – She’s Too Fond of Books Part 2
- Friday Oct 28 – AustenBlog
- Saturday Oct 29 – Stiletto Storytime
- Sunday Oct 30 – Savvy Verse & Wit
- Monday Oct 31 – Psychotic State Book Reviews
- Tuesday Nov 01 – Booktalk & More
- Wednesday Nov 02 – The Calico Critic
- Thursday Nov 03 – Burton Book Review
- Friday Nov 04 – Stephanie’s Written Word
- Sunday Nov 06 – One Literature Nut
- Monday Nov 07 – Vicariously Jane Austen
- Tuesday Nov 08 – Reflections of a Book Addict
- Wednesday Nov 09 – Unabridged Chick
- Thursday Nov 10 – Write Meg
I am off on Wednesday to the Jane Austen Society of North America’s Annual General Meeting, October 14-16, 2011 in Ft. Worth Texas. I will be quiet here for a few days while I celebrate with a parcel of Janeites in a Grand Texas Style. We shall see how Regency frocks and cowboy boots go together!
The official Book Launch party for Jane Austen Made Me Do It and two of my contributor’s books: The Deception at Lyme, by Carrie Bebris and Jane Austen: Blood Persuasion, by Janet Mullany is on Friday evening October 14th at 6:30 pm at the Sundance Square Barnes & Noble. If you are by chance in town, please come join us. It should be a memorable evening for all.
© 2007 – 2011 Laurel Ann Nattress, Austenprose