Thanks for your interest in Austenprose PR, an online marketing service specializing in historical fiction, historical romance, and historical mystery books. We curate influencer campaigns such as pre-publication publicity and online blog tours / virtual book tours to match readers / reviewers with your new or backlist titles to generate exposure, reviews, and author authority in your book’s genre.
Reaching your readers is critical to the success of your book. Publisher and authors are now beginning their campaigns earlier than ever. We can help you connect the influencers who can stir up early interest in your book to build confidence and prompt pre-sales.
Blog Tours / Virtual Book Tours
A virtual book tour, or a blog tour, is a publicity campaign involving online influencers. Our goal is to introduce your book to readers by showcasing it on blogs and social media platforms. The tour has a set timeline, usually two to three weeks, and is scheduled closely before and after the book’s launch date. Each day on the tour includes either a spotlight, excerpt, interview, article, or a review of your book hosted by an influencer. Virtual book tours are a great way to increase exposure, generate reviews, grow your readership, and build your author brand.
We can advise you on all aspects of your online presence and author branding including website and blog design, content, social media, and marketing campaigns.
Who We Work With
Austenprose PR has been curating online book tours for eight years and has worked with all 5 major US publishing houses, mid-sized, boutique, and indie authors. By focusing on the merits of the book, we pitch it to historical influencers who we feel will be a great match.
Recent 2022 – 2023 Tours
- The Belle of Belgrave Square, by Mimi Matthews (Berkley Romance)
- An Autumn Kiss: Timeless Romance Anthology, by Laura Rollins, Annette Lyon, and Lisa H. Catmull (Mirror Press)
- Godmersham Park, by Gill Hornby (Pegasus Books)
- The Sisters of Sea View, by Julie Klassen (Bethany House Publishers)
- Under a Veiled Moon, by Karen Odden (Crooked Lane Books)
- Death on a Winter Stroll, by Francine Mathews (Soho Crime)
- The Rose and the Thistle, by Laura Frantz (Revell)
Who Will Be on Your Tour?
- We have a large list of quality online historical influencers who have blogs and a social media presence who are passionate about reading and sharing with their followers.
Tour Curation & Goals
- We customize the tour based on your needs and pitch to those who are a good match to your book. Our goal is to generate presales, book buzz, reviews, and sales.
Advance Reading Copies
- We coordinate the distribution of ARCs (advance readers copies) in either print, digital, or audio with the publisher’s publicist or the author directly.
Tour Graphics & Media Kit
- The tour participants receive a detailed media kit which includes an information packet about your book and the author, book tour graphic, an author headshot, and the book cover.
Your road to publication was tough and their is yet more to travail before your “darling child” hits book stores. As a neophyte in the book publishing world there are many things you need to know for your book to succeed. Let us ease your anxiety about becoming a debut author by coaching you through the process. We take particular pride in our past success with debut authors such as Natalie Jenner, The Jane Austen Society (2020), which became an international best seller, Finola Austin, Bronte’s Mistress (2020), and Hannah Linder, Beneath his Silence (2022).
Are you a Debutante? You May Qualify for a Free Tour
Austenprose PR believes so strongly in supporting new authors that we offer four free virtual book tours per year to qualified debs. Contact us for details.
Requirements & Terms
Ideally, we need a minimum of two to three month’s advance notice to book a tour, an open widget for the participants to download a digital copy of the book through NetGalley, BookFunnel, or similar distribution service, and if applicable, the print books to be shipped directly from the publisher’s warehouse or by the author.
- Learn more about blog tours / virtual book tours in this interview with Austenprose PR Director, Laurel Ann Nattress at the Secret Victorianist.
Please contact us directly for additional information, questions, or requests.