Thanks for your interest in Austenprose PR, an online marketing service specializing in historical fiction, historical romance, and historical mystery books. We curate influencer campaigns such as pre-publication publicity and online blog tours / virtual book tours to match readers / reviewers with your new or backlist titles to generate exposure, reviews, and author authority in your book’s genre.
Reaching your readers is critical to the success of your book. Publisher and authors are now beginning their campaigns earlier than ever. We can help you connect the influencers who can stir up early interest in your book to build confidence and prompt pre-sales.
Blog Tours / Virtual Book Tours
A virtual book tour, or a blog tour, is a publicity campaign involving online influencers. Our goal is to introduce your book to readers by showcasing it on blogs and social media platforms. The tour has a set timeline, usually two to three weeks, and is scheduled closely before and after the book’s launch date. Each day on the tour includes either a spotlight, excerpt, interview, article, or a review of your book hosted by an influencer. Virtual book tours are a great way to increase exposure, generate reviews, grow your readership, and build your author brand.
Who We Work With
Austenprose PR has been curating online book tours for eight years and has worked with all 5 major US publishing houses, mid-sized, boutique, and indie authors. By focusing on the merits of the book, we pitch it to historical influencers who we feel will be a great match.
Recent 2022 Tours
- The Siren of Sussex, by Mimi Matthews (Berkley Romance)
- Jane and the Year without a Summer, by Stephanie Barron (Soho Press)
- Her Country Gentleman: Timeless Romance Anthology, by (Mirror Press)
- The Murder of Mr. Wickham, by Claudia Gray (Penguin Random House)
- Bloomsbury Girls, by Natalie Jenner (St Martin’s Press)
- A Dress of Violet Taffeta, by Tessa Arlen (Berkley)
Forthcoming 2022 Tours
- The Ladies Guide to Death and Deception, by Katherine Cowley (Tule)
- Millstone of Doubt, by Erica Vetsch (Kregel Publications)
- An Autumn Kiss: Timeless Romance Anthology, by (Mirror Press)
- In the Shadow of the Queen, by Heather B. Moore (Shadow Mountain Publishing)
- The Belle of Belgrave Square, by Mimi Matthews (Berkley Romance)
- Godmersham Park, by Gill Hornby (Pegasus Books)
- The Sisters of Sea View, by Julie Klassen (Bethany House Publishers)
Who Will Be on Your Tour?
- We have a large list of quality online historical influencers who have blogs and a social media presence who are passionate about reading and sharing with their followers.
Tour Curation & Goals
- We customize the tour based on your needs and pitch to those who are a good match to your book. Our goal is to generate presales, book buzz, reviews, and sales.
Advance Reading Copies
- We coordinate the distribution of ARCs (advance readers copies) in either print, digital, or audio with the publisher’s publicist or the author directly.
Tour Graphics & Media Kit
- The tour participants receive a detailed media kit which includes an information packet about your book and the author, book tour graphic, an author headshot, and the book cover.
Requirements & Terms
Ideally, we need a minimum of two to three month’s advance notice to book a tour, an open widget for the participants to download a digital copy of the book through NetGalley, BookFunnel, or similar distribution service, and if applicable, the print books to be shipped directly from the publisher’s warehouse or by the author.
- Learn more about blog tours / virtual book tours in this interview with Austenprose PR Director, Laurel Ann Nattress at the Secret Victorianist.
Please contact us directly for additional information, questions or requests.