Hey-ho Gentle Readers!
The holiday season is quickly approaching with all of its delights. My local radio station started playing Christmas music the day after Veterans Day. Retailers are hanging garland and stocking their tables with gift-giving fare. A friend told me that they are finished with their shopping and have already mailed their gifts. It’s not even Thanksgiving and I am behind!
Desperate to get myself in the seasonal mood I coincidently learned of the new release of the audiobook of Yuletide: A Jane Austen Inspired Collection of Stories. I had read the book last year, so this was a nice surprise. It contains seven Pride and Prejudice-inspired stories set during the holiday season in Regency and modern-day. You can read my review of Yuletide for a summary of the stories and my impressions. Here are the book description and audio excerpts from the publisher.
“I went up to the Great House between three and four, and dawdled away an hour very comfortably….” — Jane Austen
A holiday short story anthology with some favorite Austenesque authors, Yuletide is inspired by Jane Austen, Pride and prejudice, and the spirit of the season. Regency and contemporary alike, each romance was dreamt to spark love, humor, and wonder while you dawdle over a hot cup of tea this Christmas.
- Chapter 1: Opening Credits
- Chapter 2: “The Forfeit” by Caitlin Williams
- Chapter 3: “And Evermore Be Merry” by Joana Starnes
- Chapter 4: “The Wishing Ball” by Amy D’Orazio
- Chapter 5: “By a Lady” by Lona Manning
- Chapter 6: “Homespun for the Holidays” by J. Marie Croft
- Chapter 7: “The Season for Friendly Meetings” by Anngela Schroeder
- Chapter 8: “Mistletoe Management” by Elizabeth Adams
- Chapter 9: Closing Credits
- “…the perfect book to finish my year; it is diverse with a little bit of everything but also consistency in the quality of the writing and the ability to keep the reader engaged.” — Rita Deodato, From Pemberley to Milton
- “…like snowflakes, each story of this collection is wonderfully unique and distinctly beautiful! And the whole collection together is an enchanting and exquisite Christmas scene that truly is a generous gift to all!” — Meredith Esparza, Austenesque Reviews
- “…the readers who are addicted to the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies will expect there to be plenty of treacle and twee, while those who prefer the deeper message of A Christmas Carol will require some substance. I am happy to say that there is a mixture of sentiment and parable in Yuletide.” — Laurel Ann Nattress, Austenprose.com
Harry Frost is an English voice actor specializing in audiobook narration and production. His studio is in rural Leicestershire, he has recently found an unlikely love of Economics, and he makes a really good Manhattan. Find samples and articles on www.bellows-audio.co.uk, and follow him on Facebook @bellowsaudio.
Austenprose is delighted to be part of the Blog Tour of
Yuletide: A Jane Austen Inspired Collection of Stories (Audiobook)
Learn more about the tour and follow along with us
YULETIDE BLOG TOUR SCHEDULE:
- 04 November Drunk Austen
- 11 November From Pemberley to Milton
- 20 November Austenprose – A Jane Austen Blog
- 25 November Austenesque Reviews
- 02 December The Book Rat
Yuletide: A Jane Austen Inspired Collection of Stories (Audiobook), Narrated by Harry Frost
Audible Audiobooks (2019)
Unabridged audiobook (5 hours and 50 minutes)
Cover image, book description, & audio excerpts courtesy of Audible Audiobooks © 2019; text Laurel Ann Nattress © 2019, Austenprose.com