Your votes have been tallied and the top ten short stories have been chosen in the Jane Austen Made Me Do It Short Story Contest. Without further ado…
The Top Ten stories listed alphabetically by author are:
- No 54 – Sophy and the Armada, by K. Ann Adams
- No 56 – The Love Letter, by Brenna Aubrey
- No 25 – The Marrying of Margaret, by Tracie Banister
- No 78 – Assuming: A Tale of Persuasion, by Hannah Cowan
- No 23 – Carpe Diem, by Jane Greensmith
- No 85 – Mary Bennett Falls Head Over Heels, by Jenni James
- No 70 – The Lost Portrait of Jane Austen, by Miranda Liasson
- No 31 – Attempting Elizabeth, by Jessica Melendez
- No 04 – Spinning White Hair Gold, by Megan Snider
- No 16 – Mr. Collins Last Supper, by Shannon Winslow
Selected from 88 entries, these top ten stories represent the voting public’s choice of their favorite stories in the short story competition that ended on February 28, 2011. The top ten finalist will advance to the next round in the competition. Myself and my editor will choose the Grand Prize winner among them and they will be included in the new short story anthology Jane Austen Made Me Do it, to be released on 11 October 2011 by Ballantine Books. The balance of the stories are still available to read online at the story contest board.
A big thank you to Myretta Robens of The Republic of Pemberley for hosting and facilitating the contest, and congratulations to all of the short story entrants for an incredible selection of Austen-inspired stories – and to our top ten finalist – best of luck!
Jane Austen Made Me Do It is available for pre-order from major online retailers such as Barnes & Noble, Amazon and your favorite local brick and mortar bookstore. It will also be available in eBook format.
© 2007 – 2011 Laurel Ann Nattress, Austenprose