Jane Austen’s Emma, the new romantic comedy from Tony Award nominated composer Paul Gordon and directed by Tony Award nominee, Jeff Calhoun, is a musical production of Austen classic story of our favorite nonsensical girl. It premiers January 15, and runs through February 27, 2011 at the Old Globe Theatre in Dan Diego, California.
Emma, a timeless love story from one of the most widely read writers of all time, is now a musical, and will once again entice modern audiences to fall in love with one of Jane Austen’s most adored characters. Emma, a beautiful and clever young woman who prides herself on her matchmaking ability, is preoccupied with romance yet is clueless to her own feelings of love. When she takes on a young friend as her latest project, her well-intentioned efforts misfire, leading to a whirlwind of complications. Deliciously charming, this new romantic comedy from Tony Award nominated composer Paul Gordon and directed by Tony Award nominee, Jeff Calhoun, brings Jane Austen’s masterpiece to musical life.
- Emma Woodhouse – Patti Murin
- Mr. Knightley – Adam Monley
- Robert Martin – Adam Daveline
- Miss Bates – Suzanne Grodner
- Mr. Elton – Brian Herndon
- Mrs. Bates, Mrs. Elton – Kelly Hutchinson
- Mr. Woodhouse – Jerry Lanning
- Harriet Smith – Dani Marcus
- Mrs. Weston – Amanda Naughton
- Mr. Weston -Don Noble
- Jane Fairfax – Allison Spratt Pearce
- Frank Churchill – Will Reynolds
© 2007 – 2010 Laurel Ann Nattress, Austenprose