From the desk of Laurel Ann Nattress:
Its been twenty-five years since Clueless premiered in 1995 and we are still worshiping the creative genius of writer/director Amy Heckerling’s film adaptation of Jane Austen 1815 classic novel, Emma.
This witty coming-of-age teen comedy featured a string of now-famous young actors such as Alicia Silverstone, Stacey Dash, Paul Rudd, and Brittany Murphy, eye-popping fashion, and hip 1990’s slang—a combination of Valley-speak and Beverly Hills glitterati. The movie was a big hit with critics and the public and is now considered a cult classic.
If you have young ones in your life or are young at heart, you will be seriously interested in Clueless: A Totally Classic Picture Book. Inspired by Amy Heckerling’s iconic film, this charming children’s picture book is the perfect introduction to the characters, fashion, and vocabulary and has been adapted with the theme of making friends for a younger audience by G.M. Berrow with beautiful illustrations by Heather Burns.
Austenprose is thrilled to preview this adorable new children’s book and offer an exclusive giveaway along with the mini-book, Clueless: Lessons on Love, Fashion, and Friendship, by Lauren Mancuso, created by Amy Heckerling. Check out the details at the bottom of this post to enter. Good luck to all!
Cher and Dionne are the coolest kids at Bronson Alcott Elementary School in Beverly Hills. When a new — very unique, grunge-chic, and possibly clueless — girl named Tai comes along, Cher and Dionne take her under their wings. They tell her how to dress and what hobbies to take up to be a part of their friend group. But Tai really likes skateboarding, baggy clothes, and wants to hang out more with the group of skateboarders. Cher and Dionne try a variety of ways to change Tai, alongside a cast of characters including Murray, Amber, Travis, Summer, Elton, and Miss Geist. But in the end, they realize that people are different and that’s what makes them so cool!
- M. Berrow is a children’s television screenwriter and author of numerous picture books and young adult novels, including series licensed with My Little Pony and Glee. She lives in Los Angeles, CA.
- Heather Burns lives in a little market town called Uttoxeter in the center of the UK. She studied illustration at the University of Lincoln and has been working as a freelance illustrator ever since. When she’s not busy drawing unicorns and other fun things, she’s usually out walking with her black Labrador, Meadow.
- Clueless: A Totally Classic Picture Book, adapted by G. M. Berrow, and illustrated by Heather Burns
- Running Press Kids (September 1, 2020)
- Hardcover & eBook, (32) pages
- Reading level: 4 – 8 years
- ISBN: 978-0762470587
- Genre: Austenesque, Children’s Books
Austenprose is an Amazon affiliate. Cover image, illustrations, book description, and author bios compliments of Running Press Kids, TM & © 2020 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved; text Laurel Ann Nattress © 2020, austenprose.com.