All the best of the festive season to all my Austen friends and readers. Here is an apropos word on the subject from Mr. Elton, from Jane Austen’s novel Emma, chapter 13
“This is quite the season indeed for friendly meetings. At Christmas every body invites their friends about them, and people think little of even the worst weather. I was snowed up at a friend’s house once for a week. Nothing could be pleasanter. I went for only one night, and could not get away till that very day se’nnight.”
Please enjoy these lovely holiday posts from Austen blogs of merit and acclaim.
- A Jane Austen Christmas – Jane Austen’s World
- Christmas Traditions from the Regency Era – Jane Austen’s World
- Jane Austen and Christmas – Austenonly
- Christmas Tree’s in Jane Austen’s England – Story and History
- Regency Christmas – Jane Austen Centre