Hot off the Press! ~ Jane Austen’s Regency World ~ No. 57.
Via Deb at Jane Austen in Vermont, here is the the info on the new issue of Jane Austen’s Regency World Magazine May/June 2012.
- Mozart’s Sister: a stunning new film tells of the talented musician eclipsed by a famous brother
- Oops, I did it again: drink, drugs, sex and gambling… lax morals prevailed in Georgian England
- Taking a tour around Steventon, birthplace of Jane Austen
- Rage against the machine: how the Luddites sought to protect their jobs and their families
- Exploring the character of Elizabeth Bennet
Hot off the presses is the March/April (No 56) edition of Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine, the ultimate Austen reading indulgence. Here are the featured articles!
- Romance of the East: how the Regency travelers of Jane Austen’s time were fascinated by Islam and the Orient
- In Jane Austen’s footsteps: enjoy our tour of Chawton village
- Best-selling novelist Karen Doornebos asks why grown women swoon over Darcy
- How Charles Dickens, the bicentenary of whose birth is celebrated this year, was influenced by Jane Austen’s contemporaries
- Frances Burney’s experiences with the Royal Family
- Jane Austen’s nieces in Ireland – the amazing true story of May, Lou and Cass
- Finding the fools in Northanger Abbey
Plus the Jane Austen Society, JASNA, the latest Austen news, letters and book reviews. You can download a free preview article here.
Watch out for your copy in the mail – or subscribe at the Jane Austen’s Regency World website.
Can’t wait for my copy to arrive.
Happy TGIF everyone!
© 2007 – 2012 Laurel Ann Nattress, Austenprose