Huzzah! It has been a banner year for Jane Austen-inspired books in 2013. The bicentenary of Pride and Prejudice motivated many authors to take up their pens in celebration resulting in a fabulous selection of new titles. From historical and contemporary novels to non-fiction and scholarly, Austen-inspired books were present in several genres making our favorite author even more popular than ever.
We reviewed 76 books and short stories in 2013. Here is our annual list of top favorites .
Top 10 Austenesque Historical Novels:
- Return to Longbourn, by Shannon Winslow (5 stars)
- One Thread Pulled: The Dance with Mr. Darcy, by Diana J. Oaks (5 stars)
- Loving Miss Darcy: The Brides of Pemberley, by Nancy Kelley (5 stars)
- The Pursuit of Mary Bennet: A Pride and Prejudice Novel, by Pamela Mingle (4 stars)
- Longbourn: A Novel, by Jo Baker (4 stars)
- The Passions of Dr. Darcy, by Sharon Lathan (4 stars)
- Falling For Mr. Darcy, by KaraLynne Mackrory (4 stars)
- Darcy’s Decision: Given Good Principles Volume 1, by Maria Grace (4 stars)
- When They Fall in Love: Darcy and Elizabeth in Italy, by Mary Simonsen (4 stars)
- Young Mr. Darcy in Love: Pride and Prejudice Continues (The Darcys and the Bingleys) (Volume 7) by Marsha Altman (4 stars)