Happy New Year dear readers!
While I am not shy about kicking 2020 to the curb, it was not a total bust for those of us who enjoy reading. Publishers and indie authors continued to supply us with a fabulous selection of choices in the Austenesque, historical fiction, romance, and mystery genres.
Of the 75 books that were reviewed here last year by our dedicated staff, several were outstanding and will remain favorites. Here is a list of our highest-rated and most cherished of 2020. Follow each link to read the full review.
BEST AUSTENESQUE HISTORICAL NOVEL
- Miss Austen, by Gill Hornsby (5 Stars)
- Murder at Northanger Abbey, by Shannon Winslow (5 Stars)
- Fortune & Felicity, by Monica Fairview (5 Stars)
- The Other Bennet Sister: A Novel, by Janice Hadlow (5 Stars)
- Tempted, by Nicole Clarkston (5 Stars)
- Rebellion at Longbourn, by Victoria Kincaid (5 Stars)
- Being Mrs. Darcy, by Lucy Marin (5 Stars)
- The Rogue’s Widow, by Nicole Clarkston (5 Stars)
- A Timely Elopement, by Joana Starnes (4 Stars)
- Two More Days at Netherfield, by Heather Moll (4 Stars)