Long-time readers of Austenprose will remember that I am a big fan of Stephanie Barron’s ‘Being a Jane Austen Mystery’ series. In 2011 we had a Mystery Reading Challenge for the entire eleven book series to date. Since that time another novel was published, Jane and the Twelve Days of Christmas, and next week the thirteenth mystery in the series, Jane and the Waterloo Map, will make its debut.
Here is a description of the new book from the publisher:
Jane Austen turns sleuth in this delightful Regency-era mystery
November, 1815. The Battle of Waterloo has come and gone, leaving the British economy in shreds; Henry Austen, high-flying banker, is about to declare bankruptcy—dragging several of his brothers down with him. The crisis destroys Henry’s health, and Jane flies to his London bedside, believing him to be dying. While she’s there, the chaplain to His Royal Highness the Prince Regent invites Jane to tour Carlton House, the Prince’s fabulous London home. The chaplain is a fan of Jane’s books, and during the tour he suggests she dedicate her next novel—Emma—to HRH, whom she despises.
However, before she can speak to HRH, Jane stumbles upon a body—sprawled on the carpet in the Regent’s library. The dying man, Colonel MacFarland, was a cavalry hero and a friend of Wellington’s. He utters a single failing phrase: “Waterloo map” . . . and Jane is on the hunt for a treasure of incalculable value and a killer of considerable cunning.
In celebration of the release of Jane and the Waterloo Map, author Stephanie Barron will be touring the blogosphere from February 2 through February 22, 2016. Twenty popular book bloggers specializing in Austenesque fiction, mystery and Regency history will feature guest blogs, interviews, excerpts and book reviews from this highly anticipated novel in the acclaimed series. A fabulous giveaway contest, including copies of Ms. Barron’s book and other Jane Austen-themed items, will be open to those who join the festivities.
JANE AND THE WATERLOO MAP BLOG TOUR SCHEDULE:
- February 02 My Jane Austen Book Club (Guest Blog)
- February 03 Laura’s Reviews (Excerpt)
- February 04 A Bookish Way of Life (Review)
- February 05 The Calico Critic (Review)
- February 06 So Little Time…So Much to Read (Excerpt)
- February 07 Reflections of a Book Addict (Spotlight)
- February 08 Mimi Matthews Blog (Guest Blog)
- February 09 Jane Austen’s World (Interview)
- February 10 Just Jane 1813 (Review)
- February 11 Confessions of a Book Addict (Excerpt)
- February 12 History of the 18th and 19th Centuries (Guest Blog)
- February 13 My Jane Austen Book Club (Interview)
- February 14 Living Read Girl (Review)
- February 14 Austenprose (Review)
- February 15 Mystery Fanfare (Guest Blog)
- February 16 Laura’s Reviews (Review)
- February 17 Jane Austen in Vermont (Excerpt)
- February 18 From Pemberley to Milton (Interview)
- February 19 More Agreeably Engaged (Review)
- February 20 Babblings of a Bookworm (Review)
- February 21 A Covent Garden Gilflurt’s Guide to Life (Guest Blog)
- February 22 Diary of an Eccentric (Review)
A Grand Giveaway Contest
Win One of Three Fabulous Prizes
In celebration of the release of Jane and the Waterloo Map, Stephanie is offering a chance to win one of three prize packages filled with an amazing selection of Jane Austen-inspired gifts and books!
To enter the giveaway contest, simply leave a comment on any or all of the blog stops on the Jane and the Waterloo Map Blog Tour starting February 02, 2016 through 11:59 pm PT, February 29, 2016. Winners will be drawn at random from all of the comments and announced on Stephanie’s website on March 3, 2016. Winners have until March 10, 2016, to claim their prize. Shipment is to US addresses. Good luck to all!
I hope to see you along the tour. It should be a fun event.
Cheers, Laurel Ann
Cover image courtesy of Soho Press © 2016; text Laurel Ann Nattress © 2016, Austenprose.com