Today, December 16th, is Jane Austen’s 240th birthday. While the world celebrates Jane Austen Day, Austenprose is joining in the festivities with gifts to her fans.
Offered in the Grand Giveaway are several prizes including Austenesque books that we have reviewed this past year and some of our favorites from past years, and a tea package with a Pride and Prejudice mug.
To enter, just leave a comment stating why you enjoy Ms. Austen’s work and which character is your favorite by 11:59 pm, Monday, December 21, 2015. All books are print copies in either hardcover or paperback trade size. Winners will be drawn at random from the comments and announced on Tuesday, December 22, 2015. The contest is open to US residents and shipment will be to continental US addresses. Good luck to all!
- Jane Austen: Cover to Cover, by Margaret C. Sullivan
- A School for Brides, by Patrice Kindl
- Longbourn: A Novel, by Jo Baker (signed advance reader’s copy)
- Lizzy & Jane, by Katherine Reay
- First Impressions, by Charlie Lovett
- The Suspicion at Sanditon, by Carrie Bebris
- Pride, Prejudice and Jasmine Field, by Melissa Nathan
A Darcy Series Bundle
- Mr. Darcy’s Dream: A Novel, by Elizabeth Aston
- The Darcy Connection: A Novel, by Elizabeth Aston
- The Second Mrs. Darcy: A Novel, By Elizabeth Aston
- The True Darcy Spirit: A Novel, by Elizabeth Aston
Jane Austen tea & mug from Bingley’s Teas
One package of Emma’s Perfect Match and one Pride and Prejudice ceramic mug.
Emma’s Perfect Match tea
An elegant, youthful green tea is full of romance, especially with the addition of pink roses. This blend is made even sweeter with real strawberries from Mr. Knightley’s garden. Emma at last finds the perfect match and we celebrate with this aromatic and delicious blend! *China green tea, roses, strawberry, dried fruits assorted, rhubarb and hibiscus and natural flavoring.
Wishing Miss Austen’s fans a wonderful day!
Cover images courtesy of their respecitive publishers © 2015; text Laurel Ann Nattress ©2015, Austenprose.com