Huzzah! In honor of Jane Austen’s 237th birthday on December 16th, my fabulous publisher Ballantine Books has lowered the eBook price of Jane Austen Made Me Do It by 67% off list price to $4.99 for a limited time only!
YES! Only $4.99!!!
For those of you unfamiliar with my Austen-inspired short story anthology, here is a brief description:
JANE AUSTEN MADE ME DO IT: Original Stories Inspired by Literature’s Most Astute Observer of the Human Heart is a new short story anthology edited by Laurel Ann Nattress and available in trade paperback and eBook from Ballantine Books.
This delightful collection inspired by Jane Austen—her novels, her life, her wit, her world—features an introduction and twenty-two never-before-published stories written by twenty-four authors from a diverse range of interests and writing experience; their uniting link is their admiration and love of the literary great, Jane Austen. Stories included are:
Original short stories in Jane Austen Made Me Do It
- “Jane Austen’s Nightmare”, by Syrie James
- “Waiting”, by Jane Odiwe
- “A Night at Northanger”, by Lauren Willig
- “Jane and the Gentleman Rogue”, by Stephanie Barron
- “Faux Jane”, by Diane Meier and Frank Delaney
- “Nothing Less Than Fairyland”, by Monica Fairview
- “Love and Best Wishes”, Adriana Trigiani
- “Jane Austen and the Mistletoe Kiss”, by Jo Beverly
- “When Only a Darcy Will Do”, by Beth Pattillo
- “Heard of You”, by Margaret Sullivan
- “The Ghostwriter”, by Elizabeth Aston
- “Mr. Bennet Meets His Match”, by Amanda Grange
- “Jane Austen, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah”, by Janet Mullany
- “Letters to Lydia”, by Maya Slater
- “The Mysterious Closet”, by Myretta Robens
- “Jane Austen’s Cat”, by Diana Birchall
- “Me and Mr. Darcy, Again”, by Alexandra Potter
- “What Would Austen Do?”, by Jane Rubino and Caitlen Rubino-Bradway
- “The Riding Habit”, by Pamela Aidan
- “The Chase”, by Carrie Bebris
- “The Love Letter”, by Brenna Aubrey
- “Intolerable Stupidity”, by Laurie Viera Rigler
From Regency or contemporary, romantic or fantastical, each of these marvelous stories reaffirms the incomparable influence of one of history’s most cherished authors.
“Jane Austen Made Me Do It is the rare short-story compilation in which each and every one of the twenty-two stories manages to shine. Each contains a new take on Austen, a new concept of what Austen hoped to do with her life and work or even a new take on modern romance from Austen’s viewpoint.” — Romance Junkies
“Each story in this anthology is very unique. I had so many favorites among them that it was really hard to pick just two. If you’re a Jane Austen fan, you have to read Jane Austen Made Me Do It!” — Popcorn Reads
“For fans of “Austenesque” fiction, this collection will be a box of bonbons.” — The Seattle Times
Make haste! You can download a free sample of Jane Austen Made Me Do It and purchase this limited time reduced price of the eBook at these major online retailers:
If you don’t have a digital eReader, you can download the free software and read it on your PC, Mac, Blackberry, Ipod, or many other electronic devises. Just visit Barnes & Nobel or Amazon and follow the download instruction for your device.
Did you know that you can purchase eBooks as gifts? Yes. Jane Austen Made Me Do It is the perfect holiday gift for that special Janeite friend or family member. It is as easy as a click and an email address away from quick and easy holiday shopping.
Happy Birthday Jane Austen. Thanks for the making us do it. Enjoy!
© 2012 Laurel Ann Nattress, Austenprose